Dedicated to quality, reliability, and total customer satisfaction, Mack Trucks, Inc. has provided its customers with innovative transportation solutions for more than a century. Mack Trucks, a member of The Volvo Group, is one of North America's largest producers of heavy-duty trucks. Part of Volvo’s Group Trucks Operations (GTO), the Macungie facility is one of 50 plants globally dedicated to the manufacturing of trucks. MACK® vehicles are sold and serviced in more than 45 countries worldwide. Mack manufacturing locations are certified to the internationally recognized ISO 14001 standard for environmental management systems. Mack is also a proud sponsor of Share the Road, an American Trucking Associations' public information campaign aimed at enhancing the safety of our nation's roadways.Purpose/Description:
The intern role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment and to support/promote the students’ career goals through contacts with professionals in their fields of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group by working on important and innovative projects. Interns have structured learning experiences where students and our full time professionals work together on projects within their selected organizations. The intern assignments allow students to integrate knowledge and skills in manners that are mutually beneficial to the students and Volvo Group.Core Responsibilities:
- Assist with recruiting
- Keep up with filing and retention for personnel files as well as training records
- Participate in Bargaining Unit and Non-Bargaining Unit interviews
- Data creation and analytics for HR metrics
- Electronic form creations and collecting of information from employees
- Develop a structured work plan to assist Supervisors in assigning appropriate work to the Apprentices in order to get them the correct Training
- Compile and coordinate data to research potential HR related projects Involvement in bargaining unit hiring process as needed
- Develop flow chart or action plan to be able to explain the work order process in facilities
- Management of organizational charts
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Responsible for planning and running employee related plant wide events
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Customer Focus: Understanding and meeting the needs of customers and addressing the interests and concerns of all organization stakeholders
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking and proofreading
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Creativity/Innovation: Reframing traditional patterns of thinking and applying new and evolving ideas, methods and designs
- Self-starter; works independently; takes initiative
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite applications
- Thrives in a team-based environment
- Peer Relationships
- Strong event planning and project management skills
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration, Information Sciences and Technology or other related field at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
- Prefer a motivated Junior or Senior in good academic standing.
- Preferred skills: Data Analytics, Power BI, Power App, SharePoint.
- Summer interns may work up to 40 hours per week.
- This position will be onsite in Macungie, PA.
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer. We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development