This position is responsible for coordinating activities within the University Relations function in the HR Center of Expertise. This position requires a very strong attention to detail, high level of customer focus, and motivation to meet deadlines.Duration
This internship will begin May 15, 2023 and the ideal candidate will have interest and availability to continue in the role up to one year. The specific work schedule (days and hours) will be flexible, but agreed upon with the hiring manager. Ideal candidate should have availability to work 25 - 30 hours per week during the fall and spring semesters and up to 40 hours during the summer semester.
Satisfactory performance during during this internship may lead to FT employment with the University Relations Team.Core Responsibilities
- Work with hiring managers, recruiters, and contacts within our HR service center to source and select candidates, post jobs, create offers, and assist with the onboarding process
- Assist with campus recruitment event planning and represent the Volvo Group at events.
- Compile data reports
- Create marketing materials and manage social media
- Other tasks as assigned
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field, at an accredited school and must have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75
- Applicant should be interested in pursuing a professional career in Human Resources
- Applicants should be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development