If you are up for the challenge of developing circular solutions linked to the next generation of products and want to be a part of the innovative world of Volvo Group, this is the job for you!Our organization:
The circular solutions and operations organization comprises of about 800 employees in 8 locations world-wide. Our task is to produce the Volvo Group developed circular products and to contribute with further business development. We support all Brands and Business Areas in the Volvo Group.
Remanufactured and refurbished components are offered to Volvo Group customers worldwide. Reman is a tangible part of the Volvo Group’s circular economy since the 1950’s. Through an exchange system various used components and Volvo products such as engines, gearboxes, exhaust filters, axle transmissions and electrical/electronic components are collected, and factory renovated to the same condition as new parts. Gearboxes produced through remanufacturing needs 80% less energy and material than producing a new component. We are now preparing for the future meaning our portfolio scope also embrace BEV and hybrid components This is us, your new team:
The circular technology development team is a small but globally located team working cross functionally in the Volvo Group. With the passion for sustainability, we work closely with business and technology to drive and develop repair solutions and remanufacturing offers. We take pride in the craftsmanship needed to salvage the components and get recognized for being easy to do business with.Main activities and responsibilities:
Remanufacturing expert for North America. The Senior Reman Engineer is a specialist in Remanufacturing business and technology who leads the remanufacturing activities
for the North American market through-out the reman lifecycle process in one or more areas and phases. As a senior remanufacturing engineer, you will be introduced to broad scope of work tasks. We are now strengthening our team in the major components area.
You will lead investigation/projects and support the Volvo Group product brands in setting the Reman strategy, perform, and identify advanced engineering investigations, participating in the product development projects with Reman knowledge towards design (engineering), sourcing (purchasing) and aftermarket (engineering and product owners), and be leading the Industrialization with hand-over to the Remanufacturing site.Who are you?
We believe that you have a Master of Science within Engineering, knowledge in propulsion and/or BEV-Hybrid components. Knowledge and experience in repair/recycling/salvage techniques, software knowledge is meriting. You have solid experience from project management. The most important is that you are eager to continuously learn and develop yourself and that you are passionate about creating a sustainable future. When you take on new tasks you apply a holistic approach.Role description
Support the brands/BAs to develop, manage and grow the Volvo Group Reman assortment:
- Have continuous dialogue with product managers regarding products suitable for future remanufacturing
- Propose ideas for new Reman products
- Perform initial business evaluation
- Develop training and communication material
- Organize and perform training
- Work on the whole cycle of industrialization of new products.
Prepare the possibility to remanufacture the products and be the voice of Reman in own area of technical expertise
- Perform benchmarks
- Give input to the Product System Roadmap teams related to Remanufacturing needs
- In Start cost projects, secure future products can be remanufactured. This means to work with PMO, AMPM, designers and purchasers so they understand and know what is required from the design, technical descriptions, and supplier agreements to make it possible to remanufacture the product.
In own area of technical expertise, identify and develop the Remanufacturing organization portfolio and processes:
- Identify new business opportunities
- Identify Advanced Engineering possibilities including new repair methods and put forward as suggestions to Business Office and/or Salvation council
- Develop Reman Process improvement proposals
- Lead Reman investigations/projects (QJ, PMR, Industrialization from start cost, Brand request harmonization and more)
This position can be located in Hagerstown MD or Charlotte NC.Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Master’s degree preferred
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in manufacturing engineering
- Capable of working in a multi-dimensional environment
- Project leadership
- Fluent in English
- Holistic approach
- Willing to learn and develop
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to create networks with strong communication skills in order to lead cross functional activities within multi-cultural teams
- Technical repair
- Industrial Process understanding
- Li-on Batteries
- Propulsion components
- VPS / WCM / Lean Manufacturing knowledge
- Technical knowledge of Volvo and Mack engines and transmissions