Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!Who We Are:
Vehicle Engineering (VE) is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. VE is responsible for the integration and development of technologies into a complete truck for all brands within the Volvo Group. We offer integrated solutions to our customers, and we are dedicated to high quality and competitive time to market.What you will be doing:
As a Wiring Engineering Intern
you will be part of building, repairing, and inspecting wiring harness prototypes that will be used in various test vehicles.
You will work in a wiring laboratory together with other engineers and technicians.Your mission will be:
Who you are:
- Analyze the wiring schematic and physical electrical architecture of the vehicle to understand the functionality of the new system that is being tested
- Perform wire prepping activities such as cutting, stripping, crimping, splicing etc. You will learn various tools and techniques that are being used for this purpose in the automotive industry
- Perform wiring harness installation and functional verification on test vehicles
- Perform wiring harness repairs together with a wiring harness engineer and technician
- Participate in organization and maintenance of the wiring lab
You are an Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to Group Manager.Required:
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related program) at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
- Interns may work up to 40 hours per week during the semester.
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development