Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Our solutions to today’s global challenges are driven by our Mission of “Driving prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions” and our Vision “To be the most desired and successful transport and infrastructure solution provider in the world.”Who We Are
Group Trucks Purchasing is located in 52 sites around the world, has 1,300 employees and a yearly spend of 120 BSEK (~$11B USD). We have 2,550 suppliers in serial production that delivers 1.9 billion parts to Group Truck plants annually. We are a global team working with pride, breaking new grounds and capturing the latest innovations as well as supporting the brands and safeguarding Volvo Group synergies. We work together with speed and agility, in close collaboration, and with a strong mandate towards our suppliers and internal stakeholders.
Our team, Electromobility, Autonomous and Electronics Purchasing, North America is a key contributor to Volvo Group’s Mission with the increase in technology, features and the electrification of our products. We enable this by securing QDCF-TSR (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management) targets through Sourcing, Product Development, and Operations support of both serial production and service parts with strong collaboration with our Electromobility and Electronics, Electromechanics & Autonomous Strategic Lines located in Europe, and Hydrogen Solutions & New Technologies Lines located in Europe.What You Will be Doing
As the Commodity & Project Buyer for Charging and Power Conversion, you are ultimately responsible to influence the global Segment Business Plan to achieve the North American QDCF-TSR targets inclusive of United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) requirements developed with your understanding of market trends, benchmarking and opportunities within in the Electromobility areas.
It will be critical to work with your North American Engineering and global Purchasing counterparts to drive current supplier performance to the defined targets at the same time of continuing to challenge our assumptions in these areas by researching market trends, attending trade shows, and engaging potential new suppliers in feasibility reviews, and new business development discussions.
You will be based out of Greensboro, NC and report to the Manager of Electromobility Purchasing North America.Main Responsibilities
Who You Are
- Drive improvements with incumbent suppliers to meet QDCF-TSR (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management) targets
- Own the Profit & Loss (P&L) for the assigned segments including leading supplier negotiations and discovering cost savings opportunities
- Champion product or process changes once components are in the production phase
- Monitor, identify, and mitigate risks in cooperation with the Supply Network Resiliency team
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers
- Proactively scout for new partners through research, benchmarking, and trade show attendance
- Work with global partners and business areas for synergies
- Work in accordance with the Volvo processes, the Code of Conduct, and the Volvo Values
In our business-to-business environment we believe it is our people who make the difference. We are looking for a person with a result-oriented mindset that puts an emphasis on collaboration and relationship building with both our internal and external partners, which will help you to take on challenging work assignments in a successful way.
We have a strong emphasis on continuous improvement and best practice sharing to improve the way we approach our daily activities. We are looking for someone with:
Our Offer To You
- 3+ years of strategic purchasing experience within the segments related to Battery Electric Vehicle systems, Electrical, Control Systems, or Electronic areas
- Automotive or Powersports OEM or Tier 1 Supplier industry preferred
- Expert verbal and written communication skills
- Proven negotiation and analytical skills
- Experience in creating and delivering critical path timelines
- Well-developed business acumen, agile in way of working
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology and/or Business Administration, or equivalent working experience
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
Volvo Group is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values, which include Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values are a major force in guiding our day-to-day behavior and drive our decision making at all levels of the organization. Our values are easy to understand, and yet fundamentally important. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?Compensation / Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Company bonus
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401(K) with company match, as well as additional automatic company contribution
- Culture with a passion for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for all
- Aggressive approach to Sustainability
- Flexible work environment
- 5 - 6 weeks of annual vacation
- Global organization with expansive career growth opportunities
- Volvo Group University for professional and personal development
- Workplace health/wellness, and reimbursement programs
- On-campus fitness center and café
- Would you like to dig deeper into some of the above topics? We invite you to continue your exploratory journey here!