is one of the world’s leading brands of buses and coaches, operating in more than 85 countries. The Volvo Bus Australian team’s success story is well established with 50+ years in the bus industry and being market leaders for the last 12 years in Australia. Innovation is a cornerstone, powered by our long experience. We are driven by a passion to help create the cities of the future, free from congestion, emissions and noise. With hundreds of electric buses planned for the road, join us on our electromobility journey!
Our successful team striving to maintain dominance as we transition to zero-emission buses is seeking a new team member – Field Service Engineer
. Are you a trade-qualified and experienced Technician looking for new challenges?
This is a fantastic opportunity to move into more of a technical support arena, responsible for establishing solid relationships with our customers and dealers by providing technical product knowledge support across Perth and the WA Region.What you will do:
Who are you?
- Partner with customers and the dealer network to provide in-field support and technical assistance across the Region, including onsite assistance
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge and technical expertise, including hybrid and electric bus technologies
- Support the Volvo Bus team with quality reporting and inspection of body units, as required
- Review of warranty scraps and complete assessments of warranty claims
We’re looking for a competent and experienced person with a qualification in the mechanical or auto-electrical trade, however, you'll also have excellent interpersonal skills and be a confident communicator who's able to skillfully manage conflicting priorities.
However, more important than the experience, we're looking for someone with the following characteristics:
What’s in it for you?
- Customer champion – you build relationships, and your passion for great customer service leaves others motivated and enthusiastic
- Transport – you’ve got a strong passion for the automotive industry
- Team first – you’re the kind of person that others don’t need to ask for help because you’ve already offered
- Accountability – you follow a task through right to the end and are proud of the outcome
- People – you build relationships and can influence/communicate cross-level
Ready for the next move?
- A base salary of $90-105k + super + role required vehicle
- Family friendly hours, have the flexibility to plan your day
- Join us on our innovation journey – exposure to electric Buses let you diversify your skillset
- A hugely valuable role – contribute to strategically strengthen our position as a market leader
- The perfect opportunity to gain experience within a global business, while working along with the best in the industry, and given the autonomy to develop
- Extensive career opportunities both nationally and internationally within the group
- Ability to purchase an extra week of annual leave
- Develop you career with support for a variety of learning programs
If you want to make a real impact in your career, the transportation business is where you want to be. We look forward to meeting you.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success. www.volvogroup.com/career