Our world is a world of change.
Our organization is based on people and great teamwork. We are a truly global company; we rely on diversity and together we create a workplace that brings the best out of everyone.
Here at Volvo CE we are driven by the idea that through imagination, hard work and technological innovation we will lead the way towards developing a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected.
We believe in a sustainable future and with the global construction industry as our arena, we work together with our customers to turn this belief into reality for people everywhere. That is our purpose,
and we live and breathe it, every day. With that, we are “Building Tomorrow”!
Do you want to be a part of building the world we want to live in?
Right now, we are looking for a Tax Manager – Direct & Indirect Tax who will be responsible for Tax Management, Compliance and Tax Accounting. This position will be based at Bangalore and will report to the Chief Financial Officer of Volvo CE India Pvt Ltd.Opportunity description:
Mindset and Competence:
- Responsible for Tax Audit, TP Audit & GST Audit.
- Review of Monthly, quarterly, Annual filings under GST
- Responsible for Quarterly TDS return filings, review and payment of Monthly TDS.
- Responsible for month end RPT reporting, advance tax calculations.
- Addressing all litigations under Direct and Indirect tax laws and liaison with the department officials (tracking of cases, due dates, interaction with tax authorites, external legal counsel, preparing replies and other correspondence etc.)
- Coordinate with VGIPL Corporate Tax for ensuring Trasnfer Pricing compliance readiness and alignment with the overall Group Tax Policies
- Leading the APA filing and closure along with making representations to the Dept.
- Representing the Company for all queries and addressing the notices received from various tax authorities.
- Support the business on any Direct and Indirect tax related adhoc queries
- Responsible for all compliance matters under the Direct & Indirect Tax.
- Overall support internal controls adoption for VCEIPL
- Drive process improvement in all flows through manual and automated improvements
- Interface with AB Volvo Corporate Tax as needed together with Chief Accountant
Who are you?
- You are a CA with at least 10-12 years of work experience in Taxation and finance function preferably in a Multinational organization.
- You have firsthand experience in leading above mentioned processes in tax, finance and accounting function with in-depth knowledge of all areas of finance incl tax accounting, compliance and audit.
- You have good understanding of business operations preferably from related industry/ manufacturing industry.
- You have failed and overcome difficulties and learned from mistakes
- You have demonstrated a growth and learning mindset in yourself
We don’t know yet, do we?
Our values are Trust, Passion, Change, Performance and Customer Success, and if they light your inner fire, you might be the next player in our great team! In preparation our discussion, we would appreciate if you consider the following questions in your application/cover letter:
- What is the bravest decision you have taken in the last 6 months?
- Describe your most successful collaboration during the last year?
- Describe a situation where you had to take a tough decision from a business or compliance perspective?