Join us on our transformation journey to the digital future
At Volvo Group Digital & IT, we have a clear ambition to enable value creation at scale for the Volvo Group. With a new product centric operating model and digital technologies, we will produce digital offerings that are profitable, scalable, and differentiated. With Volvo Group Digital & IT, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals, who learn continuously and embrace change to stay ahead. We have a very important role to play in reaching the Volvo Group ambitions for 2030. Do you want to be part of our transformation journey towards becoming the digital capability of the Group? The time is now.
This will be us - your new colleagues within Infrastructure & Onsite Services
Infrastructure & Onsite Services is in charge of all Volvo Group D&IT infrastructure services. As most of these services are delivered by a partner, the mission is focused on governance, as well as managing the remaining IT infrastructure delivery teams in Volvo.
Application Infrastructure is part of the Application Services department within IOS. The mission of Application Infrastructure is to Develop and Govern the Infrastructure Services for applications while ensuring their delivery and usage. By that, Application Infrastructure contributes to Volvo Group competitiveness by delivering standardized and fit for purpose infrastructure services, maintaining a balance between time to market, cost, and quality.
The Application Infrastructure organization is divided into three functions/teams:
- Application Hosting – application hosting platforms and services for Mainframe, IBM, VMS, .NET and Java, Storage, cloud application hosting services
- Integration & BI - platforms and infrastructure services for integration, EDI (on premise & cloud) and Business Intelligence (on premise)
- Shared Cloud Infrastructure – the common cloud layer in order to be able to offer and expose services from Group D&IT appointed public cloud providers
Application Hosting is now looking for a Service Delivery Leader of Storage and Backup area
We are looking for a Service Delivery Leader to join our governance and operation of the application hosting services offered to the Volvo Group. In this role you will have the responsibility for the runtime of the storage infrastructure services.
You will work closely with the other Service Delivery Leaders of the application hosting sub portfolio to ensure that all services are delivered according to contracted supplier’s obligations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate supplier deliveries including overall interaction model between Volvo and Supplier stakeholders
- Ensure Volvo SLAs demands are clearly understood by all parties
- Define and enforce rules and ways of working with supplier regarding operational processes
- Be the subject matter expert for storage portfolio in interaction towards Volvo, supplier and other stakeholders
- Oversee management of service incidents & problems with the supplier, notably handling of related escalations
- Forecast, budget and follow up on volumes and total costs for storage and backup services consumed by Volvo
- Contribute to negotiation with supplier about new/enhanced services and related terms and conditions including pricing and SLAs
- Drive the lifecycle management of products in close collaborations with Service Area Lead and Architect
- Define the strategic direction, Long Term Plan and roadmap for the storage portfolio based on business requirements and technical requirements
- Steer service development and deployment projects of IT services across Volvo Group
- Be responsible for and drive governance processes, forums, and ways of working for the storage area
- Deliver service release notes and service-related information and documentation
- Financial responsibility for new development and enhancement budget and follow up
This is how you can make an impact
You will work together with highly skilled colleagues in an exciting, global environment. You will be a key player in the Volvo IOS organization. You will work in close collaboration with various stakeholders inside as well as outside the Volvo Group, to ensure that all the services within the area are delivered with a good quality and cost effectiveness. You will be making sure we enable the business to create business value at scale in a secure and timely manner.
Who are you?
We believe you are an experienced IT leader with strong skills and solid experience in storage and backup services and technologies (NetApp, DELL Storage, TSM, Networker, SAN, File Share, Rubrik…)
We believe you want to take your career to the next level, working with amazing people around the world. To be successful in this position we believe you have:
- Service oriented mindset and business mindset
- Strong personality and communicator skills being able to manage a large number of different stakeholders
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to meet the agreed targets, deadlines and goals without direct, day-to-day supervision
- Ability to work in an international team with colleagues that have diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to quickly comprehend the capabilities of new technologies
- Ability to build and maintain trustful working relationships with stakeholders, peers, external partners, and colleagues
- Strong competence in managing enterprise-level infrastructure solutions
- Strong experience in managing relationship and negotiations with IT supplier(s)
- Strong experience in Infrastructure’s operation and management according to ITIL processes
- Solid experience in product management
- Good experience in Financial, contractual and commercial management of services
- Good skills and experience in Azure Cloud storage and backup services is very positive
Are we a good match?
To achieve our goals, we collaborate within and across teams. We create a sense of unity and trust by nurturing open dialogues and collective work. We build a work environment where diversity in expertise, opinion and culture is valued.
Sounds interesting? Apply! We can't wait to meet you!
Travel Required: Occasional Travel
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.